Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cheezy Kale Chips



I've been doing a lot of reading of other vegan blogs in an effort to learn how to cook and eat without animal products.  I've slowly come around to pulling up my big girl panties and trying some things that previously I may have deemed strange.  Here's a recipe that I'm trying tonight and today is produce delivery day at work so I'm feeling pretty excited about dinner.  I'm also a very grateful wife too since the hubby is very much on board with my experimenting.  I'm loving this adventure.

This recipe is courtesy of the blog Dreamin' It Vegan and


I hope she doesn't mind that I post her recipe here.  I'm trying to make it easier for me to keep track of the recipes that interest me so I post them as I see them on my blog but I also don't want to step on anyone's toes.



Dinner tonight:

Soak 1C. cashews for 4hrs or overnight then rinse. Wash a bunch of kale, break into pieces and put in a large bowl, set aside.  In a food processor add the cashews, 1 chopped tomato or red bell pepper, 1/4-1/3C. Nutritional yeast, juice of a lemon, Himalayan salt to taste.  Blend until smooth. 



Pour the cashew sauce over kale and stir until coated.  Place the kale chips on two cookie sheets and bake in a 175 degree oven for 3-4 hours or until crisp.

Virgin Veg added 1 tsp. of Tamari sauce, 1 tsp. Tumeric, and an additional 1/4 cup nutritional yeast in the food processor for extra tang to the Cheeze.

Courtesy:

No comments:

Post a Comment