Friday, September 23, 2011

Salutations

Rainy days always ruin me for productivity but I actually accomplished a minor goal which was to begin a blog about changes that my husband and I are starting with our eating habits.  Essentially, I want the blog to chronicle the beginnings of the rejection of processed foods and animal products in exchange for whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.  The Hubby began this thought process after watching Forks over Knives one evening and he had a form of an epiphany.  Now to be honest we're both going through the 40-something blahs about our bodies, feeling tired and worn out, and really not feeling very healthy.  The hubby has had issues in the past with periods of high blood pressure and has family history of high cholesterol treated with medications.  He sees the future and it ain't pretty.

The journey for me begins like it usually does
 which involves a lot of reading.  I'm researching many vegan food blogs and temper that with vegetarian information as well.  Adjusting to virtually no dairy is going to be the big challenge for me but I've never been scared of food and am not going to start now.  I'm proud of my husband who is King of meat and cheese but is willing to start a new food paradigm in order to satisfy the health concerns he is now considering.  I'm not out to piss anyone off or start any controversy's either.  If you're looking to argue with me about this go shout at the wall because that's as far as you're going to get with me.  It's my journey with my husband and I'm pretty excited to have a partner in crime to change with.

Our son is recently graduated from Recruit Training at Parris Island and became a United States Marine which has caused us to become empty nesters around here.  That has opened the doors for us to consider our new goals and I myself am excited to experiment with food and see it as a challenge to eat more thoughtfully.  The crossover will happen gradually and we are weaning from the supplies that we currently have as to not waste the food I've already bought before we decided to do this.  We're not exactly swimming in pools of cash so I'm not throwing out the organic Cornish Game hens that I got at a discount in bulk from where I work.

Let the adventure begin and what a yummy one it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment